Are you preparing for your drainfield installation? If so, you’re likely going over how you need to clear the area, test the soil, and do everything you can to make sure it runs smoothly. But have you thought about the long-term results of your drainfield? Here are a few items to consider if you’re wanting to make the most out of your drainfield installation.
- Ask Questions – If you’ve never owned a septic system before, don’t be afraid to ask questions! Ask how things work, how to tell when you have an issue coming from your septic system, when to call a technician, etc. Having this knowledge will help you understand your septic system and drainfield better so you can maintain it properly.
- Prepare – When preparing for your installation, you’ll not only want to prep the ground, but you’ll also want to understand how a drainfield works and why it’s important. Additionally, consider making hard copies of the installation plan for you and all parties involved just in case there are questions or concerns.
- Mark Your Drainfield – Consider marking your drainfield with flags or rocks to remember where exactly your drainfield is located. This is a good reminder to take extra good care of that area of your property and be cautious. Avoid planting trees or bushes around your drainfield since their roots can be damaging to your drainage pipes.
- Know Your Schedule – Ask your technician about your septic system’s pumping schedule. Knowing your pumping schedule will help you indicate when your tank needs to be pumped and prevents overflowing from occurring.
- Work With The Best – Working with experienced and professional technicians will give you the confidence that your drainfield has been installed correctly and will work effectively with your septic system.
We hope these tips will help you make the most out of your drainfield installation. If you have any questions regarding your drainfield installation and the services we provide, please contact us at Sauer Septic today!